Tuesday, June 28, 2011

InTECHgration in PE

GZ Sport and GZ Power StepperImage by gamercize via FlickrI am learning so much about InTECHgration in PE and all the different technology that is available.  Technology in PE class at SUNY Cortland has opened my eyes to so many different forms of technology that I never thought I would use.  If you asked me 10 days ago if I would ever be blogging, I would have said "No Way."  Now, I am blogging almost every day, connecting up gaming systems to projectors, using flip videos, cameras, and making videos and collages using Picasa.  I am amazed at all the different sites I have learned about such as Blogger, Diggo, Google Docs, Google Sites, Tweet Deck, Posterous, DropBox, Tumblr and Goalbook just to name a few.  I have learned more in the past 9 days of class about technology than I did in my 4 1/2 years of undergrad and first year of grad classes.  I never knew there were so many different heart rate monitors and that some you don't even have to wear a watch, it programs to the computer.  How cool is that, and where was this when I was in school? I was told it has been around for at least 10 years!  Now is the time to make that change and start InTECHgrating video games, exergames, and accelerometers into PE classes.  I am excited and eager to use all the things that I have learned.  By far one of the best, most interesting, and useful classes I have taken in a long time!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment